The Shrewsbury Public School System requires that all volunteers fill out a CORI background check form. For Shrewsbury Crew, this means all parents involved in supporting the team (whether it’s FOSC board members, assisting at cookouts, volunteering at regattas, helping out with food at races, etc.). This also includes driving team members from school to venues such as Regattas, workouts at All Access Fitness, as well as the DRC.
Please follow the directions below and notify the coaches that you have submitted your form.
CLICK HERE to download the CORI form from the Shrewsbury Public School Department’s web site. We’re providing a link to their general forms page (just in case the form is revised in the future). Click on the link that states “Cori Forms.”
Some important information
(please confirm with the Superintendent’s office when you file your application as the process could change):
- You must fill out a CORI form for Shrewsbury Public Schools, even if you filled one out for other organizations within Shrewsbury. Approvals are not shared between organizations.
- Forms must be dropped off at the Superintendent’s Office in person (located within the Town Hall).
- Fill out both pages of the CORI Form.
- If you’re a volunteer parent, enter “volunteer” in the field that asks for “Position” (no need to specify crew).
- Take a copy of your driver’s license or other official identification (they will take a copy).
- The CORI form takes a few days to process.
- You will not receive a call if everything is okay.
- The CORI check is good for 3 years. You will not receive a call that it has expired.
- If you wish to check the status of your CORI standing in subsequent years, contact the Shrewsbury Public Schools Superintendent’s office.