Shrewsbury High School Crew

Fall 2019 Massachusetts Public School Rowing Association Champions

3/26 UPDATE – Information on Spring Season Tryouts

3/26 UPDATE – The following is the latest information from the coaching staff:

It is with a heavy heart that we announce the remainder of our regularly scheduled 2020 spring racing season has been cancelled, including the NEIRA Championship Regatta.

We are still hoping for the possibility of bringing the team together at some point before the end of the school year.  We don’t know what that may look like (if at all) as there are still many moving parts to this.  Please understand, and to reiterate the message of the SHS Administration, we will NOT come together as a team if health officials deem it to be unsafe.  We will keep you posted with any additional information as it comes in.

As always, any questions or concerns, please reach out to Coach Hastings and/or Coach Noble.

3/16 UPDATE – The following is the latest information from the coaching staff :

Today, we received an update from Mr. Jay Costa regarding the hopeful start of the spring season.  In light of recent mandates from Governor Baker and recommendations from governing health agencies, the updated start date for the 2020 spring season is now Monday, April 27.  Please understand that this situation is still very fluid and this date can change.  Additionally, even if the start date remains the 27th, there is the question of whether or not the teams that we race against will be allowed to compete and if the NEIRA Committee of Management will allow the NEIRA Championships to be held.  We will keep you posted with any new developments.

All of the same rules in the previous post regarding use of the SHS Crew equipment at the DRC still applies until April 27.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to Coach Hastings and/or Coach Noble with any questions or concerns.  We hope that everyone stays healthy and safe.

3/12 UPDATE – The following is a message from the coaching staff:

As many have no doubt heard, all Shrewsbury High School athletic tryouts and the start of the spring season has been delayed until no earlier than Monday, March 30.  Please refer to Mr. Jay Costa’s tweet about this.

During this delay, unfortunately, the use of the SHS ergs or any other equipment at the DRC will not be allowed by any member of the team, and the ergs will not be moved back to the high school.  Additionally, our first race on April 4 will unfortunately have to be cancelled.  We are in constant communication with SHS Administration, and as soon as events change, we will be communicating with everybody.  The respective head coaches will be in communication with the captains shortly to offer direction on how to navigate the next 2 weeks.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Coach Hastings and/or Coach Noble.

Updated: March 26, 2020 — 2:46 pm
Shrewsbury HS Crew © 2019